You may have enjoyed the effects a soothing, relaxing massage at your local spa, but have you ever put massage to work on a health or wellness problem? The healing modality known as massage therapy does exactly that, and in a number of ways. Whether you’re in agonizing pain from a soft tissue injury or you’re struggling with a chronic condition, you can find the relief you seek here at Physical Therapy Associates of South Florida. Our clinic offers chiropractic massage therapy programs customized for the individual needs of patients throughout Tamarac and the surrounding areas.
The Natural Benefits of Massage
Physical manipulation of the body’s soft tissues has served as a trusted healing technique for thousands of years. Performed with the proper technique and expertise, massage therapy offers a number of important physiological benefits. In addition to relaxation and stress relief, massage can improve circulation, aid the flow of lymphatic fluid, reduce inflammation and edema, stop the muscle spasms behind many forms of chronic pain, and accelerate the healing process in patients dealing with injuries. Because people can suffer from many kinds of soft tissue problems, there are many types of massage therapy to suit these various needs. Examples include:
- Swedish massage – This light form of massage concentrates on improving circulation and easing tension in muscles close to the skin’s surface.
- Deep tissue massage – This more aggressive technique can “untie” muscle knots deep within the body, relieving longstanding chronic pain conditions. It can also free areas of the body trapped by overgrown scar tissue.
- Trigger point therapy – Trigger point therapy can relieve areas of tightness called trigger points that send pain messages to remote parts of the body.
- Prenatal massage – Pregnant women can benefit greatly from gentle massage techniques that relax stressed muscles and reduce swelling in the extremities.
- Sports massage – Are you preparing your body for a sporting event or trying to recover from a sports injury? Sports massage can give key muscle groups the help and support they need.
Part of Your Holistic Chiropractic Healing Plan
Chiropractic massage therapy combines two powerful, safe, all-natural healing modalities. Our chiropractor may prescribe massage sessions before your chiropractic adjustments to help your body accept those adjustments more easily. We can also add physical therapy to help you improve your range of motion or rehabilitate an injury.
Contact Our Tamarac Chiropractor Today
Are you ready to optimize your health, comfort and wellness through the time-tested method of massage therapy? Call our Tamara chiropractor at (954) 951-6699 to learn more and schedule a consultation!